Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Live in Peace


--
I don't typically share too much personally on social networks, because I always thought it gave people something to add to the gossip pool or find a way to use it against me later on. I realized that keeping my experiences to myself could be keeping someone else from the inspiration they needed to carry on and/or gain inspiration. Plus, perfection is soooo boring! So, I am vaguely stepping out on a leap of faith and working on sharing a bit more of who I am. Here goes nothing...

Life has been good to me lately! I have been able to start a few projects, get a new home, heal from some old emotional wounds that resurfaced, travel abroad a few times, drama's been basically nonexistent... I said that I wanted more life and peace in 2017 and it looks like that's exactly what I am getting and I am so grateful for it! 
--



--
Finding my way back to "me" was a long process that I had not even realized I'd started. But looking back, I see how far I've come, how much I've grown, and how much I've been blessed with since I let go of "anchors" that were keeping me from soaring. When we hold on to negativity (whether that be thoughts, habits, or people), it makes it hard for us to truly find peace. Keep in mind that trials in life are not meant to break you. Sometimes we go through things to redirect our attention, or to teach us an invaluable lesson. Finding the silver lining in every situation isn't easy, but counting it all joy gave me a whole new perspective on life and I was able to really live and restored my faith!
--









--
We all hope for peace, but sometimes we get so consumed with doubt and negative speak that we forget that peace is something that has to constantly be worked on. Declutter (or hire me to organize your closet). Surround yourself with good people. Tune out foolishness. Focus on the good in your life. And your peace will be closer than you thought.
--
THE DETAILS:
Selena tee // Banana Republic Pencil Skirt - no longer available (similar) // Satin and Pearl Purse // Pearl Embellished Sandals - great dupes for THESE //


Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo,

        B.



Photography by Stephanie Omens (@bloggerscaptured)