Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Fancy Favorite: Chokers

Accessories are probably my favorite part of getting a look together. You can easily elevate any look from boring to intriguing by simply adding a hat or a statement necklace. Accessories add character, and depth which help personalize any ensemble you decide to wear. People tell me that I can pull off any look... But I remember the 90's being such a struggle for me, accessories-wise. I hated slap bracelets. My full lips really didn't need to be oversaturated with strawberry roll-on lipgloss. Butterfly clips got caught on double dutch ropes during recess. Chokers didn't fit over my water head. And the chokers thing really bothered me since I physically couldn't wear them since those short neck, big head Earle genes (lol) were passed down to me... therefore wearing chokers was a trend I knew I'd have to opt out of. So imagine how heartbroken I was when chokers came back in style.

But, wait! The style of chokers today are not the chokers of yore. The style have been elevated. They aren't necessarily made out of stretchy plastic. They come with lobster claw or adjustable closures (thank the heavens above!!!). Also, they come in so many different styles, you don't have to worry about wearing the exact same style as everyone in your 3rd period British Lit class. With this new discovery, I was beyond excited to partner with Choke Me, Inc. to get my hands on some exciting new pieces, which are all a la Kim K West. Check out some of my favorite looks with them below.

Wearing "Seduction" on date night


Wearing "Seduction" to Girls' Night Out

Wearing "Kriss Kross" in tan

Wearing "Kriss Kross" in black

Wearing "Lovelace" for a blog post

Wearing "Lovelace" to the beach in Puerto Rico

Wearing "Bling" to my birthday dinner
GIVEAWAY ALERT!!!!


Choke Me, Inc. has impeccable customer service (Brittany is a doll) and they constantly update their inventory. I love Choke Me, Inc. so much that I want you guys to get a piece of the action! Like my last IG post (featuring Choke Me, Inc.) and comment "done" below to get entered to win "Disco" which is perfect for being EXTRA on a chill day or making a bold statement during a night out. A winner will be chosen January 23, 2017.
GOOD LUCK!
xoxo,
  B.