Thursday, December 8, 2016

I Woke Up Like This


As a mom, I've learned to value my time on a whole other level! I make everything multi-purpose. I've learned that white vinegar cleans literally everything from mirrors and bath tubs, to carpet stains and laundry. I've mastered the art of using bronzer as eye shadow and eye shadows as matte lip color. So it is only right that I find new ways to make my wardrobe multi-purpose as well.

I was approached by the owner of Saxy's to show you guys how to make sleepwear into streetwear. Challenge accepted! I was drawn to the Victoria set because, duh... Black and white. I wasn't sure how I'd style it but the set looked so comfy, and cute enough to wear when I'm pretending to be the "Lady of the Manor".


I wore the set to bed for 2 days just to gauge the comfort level. The fabric is soft and stretchy. The lace isn't stiff or itchy and provides a sweet detail on the shoulders and a bit of sexy along the bottom trim of the shorts. This set made me want to step my nighttime routine up a bit too. If I was gonna go to sleep in something this cute, I had to make everything match. I got new fluffy white slippers, started wearing my black and white eye mask to bed, and I brought out my favorite B mug again. Funny how clothes can change your life.


I struggled wearing this as a day outfit simply because it's been COLD AND RAINY in Atlanta! I appreciate the rain ending the drought... But shooting in white shorts in the rain? Nah, B. When I finally got a sunny day, I went for it! I pulled a "borrowed from the boy" shirt over the entire set, put on a choker, a dark lippie, over the knee boots, and a dash of faux fur and I was ready for my day date at the movies in 10 minutes or less! I don't think it gets much better than that!


Multi-purpose sleepwear is my new wave. I love lounging around, and I'm always running behind schedule due to my not wanting to stop lounging. This was perfect for me to get up early to decorate the tree, then get ready at the last minute and still look chic. I'm totally a fan!


Saxy's is currently running a promo for FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $75!

THE DETAILS:

"Victoria" PJ Shorts Set: Saxy's // OTK boots: (sold out) New York and Co (similar) // Faux fur stole: (old) Forever 21 (similar) // Choker: Choke Me Inc (more details to follow!!)


Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo,
          B.