Thursday, November 24, 2016

My First (new) Chanel: an unboxing




My love for Chanel began when I found a boucle' jacket (which I still own) at Goodwill when I was in 9th grade. I remember wearing it to school with a sheath dress, a blinged out "B" brooch, and ballet flats. When I took my seat in English Comp, my classmate Christina asked, "Is that by Chanel?" and tapped the sleeve of my jacket. I simply shook my head no, but inside, I was so pleased that my look had come together so well that someone (with incredible style of her own) thought I was actually in French designer!

Although this post is about the unboxing of my first brand new Chanel bag, I really want make sure that I make mention of the importance of goal setting. As a 13 year old 9th grader, I knew I wanted to one day own something with a Chanel label and confidently wear it, knowing what the piece symbolized. That was a goal that may sound frivolus, but it was (is) important to me. Flash forward through years of Sex and the City, The Hills, The Devil Wears Prada, Confessions of a Shopaholic, and Keeping Up with the Kardashians, I'd became obsessed with designer items. I never made the type of money where I could splurge on such luxury items, but I made a goal to build a collection by 30 years old.

The thing about goals is, if you don't plan out steps to make it happen, it's simply a dream. I started a new job at the top of 2016 and decided I would do some VERY aggressive saving so that I could take my mom on her dream trip to Paris, and for me to be able to buy my dream bag while we were there. I priced Chanel handbags for months, paid for the trip 3 months later, saved every dime I possibly could until the end of August and on our last day in Paris... I walked into the Chanel flagship store, picked my handbag, sipped champagne with my mom and daughter (well, she had water), and I walked out on cloud nine, with all of my little 9th grade dreams wrapped in a white and black box, tied with a ribbon and that iconic white camellia flower... and a year earlier than I had planned!



Do I have any regrets on being antisocial for half of the year so that I wouldn't spend money? Or spending all that saved money in less than 20 minutes? Or dropping a few thousands on a purse instead of a new car? The answer is no. I felt nauseous when the sales associate swiped my credit card. But much like ripping off a band-aid, once it's all done, you feel so much better!




THE DETAILS:
Handbag: Chanel Flap Bag from the Fall-Winter 2016-17 Pre-Collection

Share an item you've had on your ultimate wish list in the comment section. I'd love to know! Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo,
    B.

And just a few things to note: 
a) Buying designer overseas means you get a ton of money back for VAT (or taxes)
-and-
b) Chanel appreciates over time so technically, you're making an investment in your future