Friday, July 15, 2016

80's Baby in Athleisure



When someone tells me to dress casual for something, I cringe. What does "casual" even mean? I'm unapologetically EXTRA. I barely even own a pair of sneakers. So here is my idea of casual.

I saw this dress online and was immediately drawn to it, as '88 represents my first year on earth. I knew that I would wear this sporty item in the most girly way possible, so I ordered the largest size they had available so I could wear it as a dress. It was a bit smaller than I had anticipated, and a few weeks of refusing to workout due to 90 degree weather didn't help. Oh, and pie! Yeah, that definitely made sizing an issue. But I've found that no matter what you think, if you wear it with confidence, people will feed off of that vibe. So thanks to one of my old Polyvore sets, some oversized hoops, a leather baseball cap, and a pair of strappy knee high sandals and a truckload of confidence and I was out of the door, ready to have a super casual time in Downtown Decatur!
A fashion look from April 2015 featuring v neck tee, red sandals and man bag. Browse and shop related looks.











THE DETAILS:
Jersey dress: (old) GoJane (similar) // Strappy sandals: (old) Charlotte Russe (similar) // Quilted chained mini bag: Forever21 // Faux leather cap: ASOS //



Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed the visit!
xoxo,
      ~B.

Photography by Pamela Patterson