Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Peruca Experience: Recap







On October 20th, I attended my first event since the birth of my Charming Charlie. I had taken a hiatus from red carpets and social events because I had become so consumed with motherhood. I saw a post for The Virgin Hair Fantasy's "The Peruca Experience" on Instagram and decided I'd see what it was all about. I invited one of my extensions savvy friends and made a day of it!
 
Upon arrival, I was happy to see that the venue was in a secured building (since we were in downtown Atlanta), a friendly security guard directed us to the proper floor, and the room where the event was held was decorated beautifully! There were cameramen, a red carpet, good music, live hair demonstrations on models, and plenty of noteable Youtube/Instagram gurus in attendance. They had a desserts table set up, as well as a bar. It was all very detailed.
One of my favorite Youtubers, Chrisspy!
Although I usually style my own, natural hair, I do enjoy the freedom that extensions give. I have dabbled in quick weaves/prontos, sew-ins, clip-ins, and more recently, wigs. I had never tried a full lace wig, so this event provided me the perfect opportunity to see the product in person, before committing to spending hundreds (some actually reached over $1,000!!) on something I wasn't fully educated about.
At TVHF's Peruca Experience, I was able to touch the hair, get sized for unit, and try on some of their pieces. They sold hair care products as well as units for a promotional price. The hair was beautiful! It was the softest, most luxurious hair I had touched! It did not have a strange odor. It held curls well. The different textures did not differ in overall quality. The thing that impressed me most was the display with the color processed units. I fully expected to not be able to run my hands through damaged, frizzy, broken strands.... But to my surprise, even the bleached and dyed units were soft, manageable, frizz-free, and had a nice luster! Initially, the prices scared me, but you get what you pay for, with this company. I can report that this hair is definitely worth the money, ladies!
courtesy of The Virgin Hair Fantasy

Before leaving the event, I found out more about who owned TVHF. The company is run by sisters (who rocked some of their beautiful Perucas)! I spoke briefly with one of them. She was incredibly sweet and was open to answering any questions guests had.


courtesy of The Virgin Hair Fantasy
 
All in all, I had a great time! I think TVHF did a great job and the event was fun and very informative. Although I did not make a Peruca purchase that day, I am definitely more comfortable with the idea of ordering from this company. Now if only I could convince the hubby that hair pieces are a beautiful and sometimes necessary work of art! :)




What I'm Wearing:
Plaid shirt: Forever 21
Trumpet skirt: JCPenney (similar // similar)
Purse: Chanel (vintage)

Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo,
       B.