Saturday, October 11, 2014

Fancy in the Kitchen

Although my first love will always be fashion, shopping, and the art of getting dressed... A very close second hobby of mine is cooking.
BREAKFAST: flour-free strawberry pancakes made from flaxseed and oatmeal, scrambled eggs with cheese, sautéed spinach with sun dried tomatoes, and chicken sausage

I've been able to prepare a full meal (mostly from scratch) since elementary school. I have just recently gotten into baking. I've always had a sweet tooth, but during my pregnancy, it went into overdrive! I would eat the snacks that I always liked, but they just didn't satisfy me anymore. That's when I decided to just MAKE what it was I really wanted. 

DESSERT 1: dark chocolate double layer cake with white chocolate icing, milk chocolate drizzle, and Oreo crumbles

Since having my daughter, I still find myself getting lost in the kitchen. She enjoys watching the steam rise and hearing water boil and I enjoy feeding my family food made with love. ❤️

Adding garnish for texture and visual aesthetics
DESSERT 2: fudge double layer cake with milk chocolate icing and mixed nuts garnish served with chocolate chip ice cream
I am thinking about posting recipes every once in a while. I hope you guys enjoy them as much as my family does! 
 
 
xoxo, 
  B.